Wednesday, August 6, 2008

how good is the state school system?

Really?
I know people who came out of the state school system with adequate education, but i know many more who cant spell do maths and other things. Now what i would like to know is how well the state really educates people, it seems that only higher decile schools do a good job. is it the teachers fault or are private schools just better? they seem to be. I also seem to hear more news items about bullying problems at state schools than bullying problems with private schools, infact i haven't really heard any news stories about private school bullying.
So am i just hearing the wrong things or does the state just suck at providing education?

2 comments:

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Better make sure you are 100% before commenting on other people's spelling ability:-)

Oswald Bastable said...

My spelling is excellent- my typing is not so great!

It can be useful to write your piece in word and use the spell & grammar check, then cut & paste to blogger.

Not that you will catch me taking my own advice!

;-)